Monday, March 12, 2012

Lobster Cucumber Cups

Well my intention was to make Lobster Lettuce Wraps, but the lettuce I had on-hand didn't work out well for photographing.  The wraps were delicious though.  So, rather than scrap the recipe I decided to change the delivery method and serve it up a different way. 

I can see serving these at a spring luncheon or bridal shower as an appetizer and they are wonderful just as a snack.

Aren't they cute?!!!

Here's how to make them:

I used 3-4ounces of Lobster meat from the Seafood department frozen section.  It's just quicker and easier. Chop it into large chunks.



Half small onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced

2T cucumber (diced), 1T red bell pepper (diced),  a few cilantro leaves for garnish.  I like a Serrano Pepper for some extra bite.

 I minced the Serrano Pepper. Don't be a hero, remove the seeds and membrane!

Saute your onion and garlic in a tsp of olive oil until they are golden brown about 3 minutes.  Remove from the heat then add your Lobster chunks.



Add some Asian sauces like, 1tsp Hoisin Sauce, 1tsp Asian Peanut Sauce, 1tsp Soy Sauce stir to mix.


Spoon lobster filling into lettuce leaves, fold sides of leave into center and roll. This would work better with a bib lettuce that forms a natural cup.  I had on-hand green curly lettuce which is too floppy, for photo purposes, but tasted fabulous.

Instead I reworked the delivery method by using cucumber cups 


Take a citrus zester and pull it along the skin of a large cucumber to form a decorative look.  Cut 1 1/2 inch sections from it. 
Using a melon baller remove the seeds, but be sure to leave some cucumber flesh at the bottom so your filling doesn't fall out.  

Sprinkle a few granules of kosher salt into your cup, then turn them upside down on a paper towel to drain for 10 minutes or so.

Spoon your filling into the center and garnish as desired.  Serve with extra Hoisin sauce and Sriracha on the side.  

 Lobster Cucumber Cups....These are so fun!

Let me know what you think? Did you try them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Subscribe to my RSS feed. Oh and I'm on Pinterest too.

Thanks!
Deborah :D
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...